sunnuntaina, maaliskuuta 06, 2016

Time to dust this blog out.

It's been quite close to two years since my last post, and I don't expect anyone to still check up on this blog. Probably didn't have too many readers back then either. But this past week I've been watching podcasts from other knitters and find myself wondering if I could maybe, possibly, do that myself one of these days. Then I realised that I might want to start by kicking this blog back to life first, see where that goes (and how that goes) and then, after some time, take the podcast option into serious consideration.

So maybe, as a dusting off type of thing, I might start by introducing myself and laying out some plans on how I dream I'd start this blog off... ...again.

I'm a 29-year-old handicrafts enthusiast, who lives in Tampere, Finland. I'm originally from Oulu, where most of my relatives still live. We do have some off-shoots in Sweden and Tuusula/Järvenpää-area (close to Helsinki), and I guess I'm one of those off-shoots since I've left Oulu, too, and have no immediate plans to return.

I don't really remember a time when I couldn't knit, even though my obsession picked up around the time I was in sixth form/high school. I'm very interested in all kinds of handicrafts, but knitting and crocheting are the only two things that have stayed in the picture steadily, whereas sewing, embroidery and other types of handicrafts tend to come and go and come again.

I'm currently engaged, and we are planning to get hitched at the end of September this year. We've been together for over 7,5years now (8year anniversary is in June), and we're expecting a new addition in the form of a baby to our lives in early May.

I'm also a self-confessed geek, so I will surely be posting about books, movies and other series that catch my fancy as well as knitting.

My intention is to post about handicrafts-related things every Sunday, and other topics will be covered on a more random timetable i.e. when I finish reading a book, or something else feels like a topic I want to share or discuss.

That's about it for now, we'll wait and see what I come up with.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti